Announcing Achievement of a Microsoft Competency
Updated Jan. 21, 2013
Congratulations on achieving a Microsoft competency! There are 640,000 partners in Microsoft Corporation’s channel, but only 5 percent of partners worldwide can distinguish themselves with a competency and having attained this high degree of proficiency.
These press release templates are designed to help you publicize the fact that you have achieved a Microsoft competency. Templates are provided for announcing achievement of 1) a silver competency, 2) a gold competency, or 3) both silver and gold competencies. The templates provided are in press release format, a clear and concise way to communicate with various audiences. We recommend you print the press release(s) on your company letterhead and distribute to local newspapers and magazines, customers, and prospects. It is also a good practice to publish them on your company website and use them in your marketing and sales activities.
The benefits of announcing your status as achieving a Microsoft competency include the following:
- Credibility. Increase your credibility with your customers and prospects by showcasing that you have demonstrated a specific, proven skill set in a targeted solution area. Further, leveraging the Microsoft brand can provide recognition of your business alignment with Microsoft.
- Differentiation. Distinguish your company’s expertise from that of other technology providers in your area.
- Opportunity. As prospects recognize your commitment to certification and customer satisfaction around the latest Microsoft technology, new customer opportunities can present themselves as prospects look to you to help drive innovative solutions.
Customizing the Release
- You can customize the releases to help promote your company’s expertise and can insert a quote from one of your company executives. Simply replace the bracketed words with specific information about your company.
- You can state that you are a member of the Microsoft Partner Network.
- You may not revise the quote provided by Microsoft or change the basic text (except where noted to insert your customized information).
For mutual legal considerations:
- Please do not refer to your company as having a “partnership” or an “alliance” with Microsoft.
- Please do not refer to your company as being “authorized by” or “certified by” Microsoft through its membership in the Microsoft Partner Network. You can state the qualifications that you’ve earned.
- Please do not include the Microsoft boilerplate, Microsoft trademarks or Microsoft press contacts in your press release.
If you use the template as provided, you do not need to have your release reviewed by Microsoft.
Questions or Assistance
If you have questions or believe your needs cannot be served by the template below, please contact MSFTPartnerPR@webershandwick.com. Please allow one working week for a response.